Thursday, April 14, 2011

Desert Island Joke

     Given the way people in America tend to both church shop and break off to form their own churches, I thought the following joke was hilarious. I heard it at our church fundraiser told by a woman in our congregation. Maybe it's an old chestnut, but I'd never heard it before.
     A man is rescued after many years on a desert island. As he stands on the deck of the rescuing vessel, the captain says to him, "I thought you were stranded alone. How come I can see three huts on the beach?"

     "Well," replies the castaway, "that one there is my house and that one there is where I go to church."

     "And the third one?" asks the skipper.

     "Oh, that's the church I used to go to."

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I remember telling this joke as far back as 30 year ago. A Baptist pastor gave it to me. Since our old-man nature stii plagues us...it's still funny! I like your graphics.

    ReplyDelete

     Your comments are welcome. I've had to add a word verification step to the comment process to screen out spam. I apologize for the inconvenience.